Expansion of Asymptomatic Testing
The government announcement over the weekend expands the current offer in Lincolnshire to include the wider workforce who cannot work from home. For organisations who cannot work from home they can now access the current community testing sites. The development of the community testing programme will now see the inclusion of weekly testing for:
- small or local public sector organisations; e.g. local government
- charities and voluntary groups
- small or local private sector businesses providing key public services and unable to access institutional testing; e.g. waste management, public transport, taxi firms, volunteers, power and water companies etc
- education or childcare settings not covered by existing schools testing; e.g. private nurseries, children homes, childminders etc
- medium sized local businesses (generally businesses between 50 and 250 staff) unable to practically access institutional testing
small or local businesses (generally less than 50 staff), sole traders or self-employed citizens.
The process is very simple:
- staff attend any of the sites below wearing a face covering, there is no need to book a slot
- details are taken using the individuals phone or a device on-site (staff will need a mobile number for this)
- the swabbing is guided by on-site staff, this takes approximately 5 minutes, and the person then leaves
- the result comes through in approximately 30 mins and there is no need to wait on-site for the result or have a follow up PCR test if positive
- if the staff member is positive they and their close contacts need to isolate for 10 days. Please note their close contacts will be contacted via the national or local contact tracing teams
- if the result does not come through, the person will need to attend for another test.
Most sites have ample onsite parking, but we suggest those attending the Lincoln St Swithin’s site use Lincoln College’s Knights Building car park (LN2 5HQ), via the one-way access from Monks Road. Sites are open from 8am-8pm daily including weekends on a walk-in basis:
- Lincoln Croft Street (St Swithin’s) Community Centre, Croft Street, Baggholme Road, off Monks Road, Lincoln, LN2 5AX
- Haven High Tollfield Campus, 90-96 Tollfield Rd, Boston, PE21 9PN
- Peter Paine Performance Centre, Rosebery Ave, Boston, PE21 7QR
- Better Gym Sleaford: Oakside Park Industrial Estate, East Rd, Sleaford NG34 7EH
- Lincoln City Football Club, LNER Stadium, Lincoln, LN5 8LD.
Please remember that anyone, whether frontline or based at home who develops coronavirus symptoms, should get a test in the usual way: www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.